Abbott Laboratories-HPBASA Travelling Fellowship
Applications are invited for the 2019 Abbott Laboratories-HPBASA Travelling Fellowship
The fellowship is aimed at developing skills in South Africa in the field of pancreatic disease by assisting Fellows or young HPB specialists to travel to Centers of Excellence for limited periods, either in South Africa or abroad, to gain experience in various aspects of pancreatic disease. The award is open to any of the specialties which comprise the HPBASA, but preference will be given to applications in the field of pancreatic disease.
AMOUNT: R50 000.00 (to be confirmed)
Membership of the Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Association of South Africa with fully paid up membership fees for the current year.
Applications in writing should be submitted to the Secretariat and should include the following documents:
- A comprehensive motivation which demonstrates how the financial support will meet the aims of skills development
- A copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae
- A letter of invitation from the host centre of excellence
- The proposed itinerary which should be supported by the applicant’s Head of Department
- A draft budget for the visit
- An original article published by the applicant in the past three years, if this is available
- Two confidential references from senior members of the HPBASA, one of whom should be the applicant’s Head of Department
- This letter should also include an undertaking to submit a report on the fellowship to the secretary of the HPBASA within three months of returning from the fellowship
Applications will be considered by a three member selection panel appointed by the executive council of the HPBASA which will include the President or the President elect.
CLOSING DATE: 31 JULY 2019
Download the PDF here
Download the 2018 PDF Report here
Click here if you would like to contact us with questions or if you require further information.