Applications are invApplications are invited for the 2022 Abbott Laboratories-HPBASA Travelling Fellowship
The fellowship is aimed at developing skills in South Africa in the field of pancreatology by assisting Fellows or young specialists with an HPB interest to travel to a Center of Excellence for a limited period, either in South Africa or abroad, to gain experience. The award is open to any of the specialties which comprise the HPBASA. Preference will be given to applications in the field of pancreatic disease.
Amount: R50 000.00 (to be confirmed)
Membership of the Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association of Southern Africa with fully paid-up membership fees for the current year.
Applications in writing should be submitted to the Secretariat and should include the following documents:
- A comprehensive motivation which demonstrates how the financial support will meet the aims of skills development
- A copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae
- A letter of invitation from the host centre of excellence
- The proposed itinerary which should be supported by the applicant’s Head of Department or Division
- A draft budget for the visit
- An original article published by the applicant in the past three years, if this is available
- Two confidential references from senior members of the HPBASA, one of whom should be the applicant’s Head of Department, Division or Clinical Unit
- This letter should also include an undertaking to submit a report on the fellowship to the secretary of the HPBASA within three months of returning from the fellowship
Applications will be considered by a three-member selection panel appointed by the executive council of the HPBASA which will include the President or the President elect.