The bursary is intended to facilitate a short fellowship in an HPB Unit at one of the accredited training centres in Southern Africa.
1. Member in good standing of HPBASA
2. Current fellow in training at an institution accredited by the HPCSA for sub-specialist Surgical Gastroenterology training in Southern Africa
3. Declared interest in HPB surgery
4. It is expected that the recipient should practise in the Southern African region for at least two years post certification
The award is fixed at R20,000.00 per fellowship.
Applications will be invited once a year with the application period being December/January. Applications will be assessed and scored blindly by 4 members of the HPBASA ExCo.
The application should include the following:
1. A motivation for the planned fellowship
2. An itinerary of the planned visit including the institution that is going to be visited as well as an approximate time of the visit
3. A proposed budget for the duration of the visit
4. A letter from the applicant’s Head of Department, Division or Clinical Unit supporting the application
5. An invitation letter from the Head of Clinical Unit of the host institution.